Arcades and a quiet street in Reggio Emilia center

Arcades and a quiet street in Reggio Emilia center: Arcades and a quiet street in Reggio Emilia center. The wet asphalt softly reflects the warm tones of the buildings, while the street stretches ahead like a calm line inviting me to walk without any rush. The arcades guide my gaze, creating a rhythm of arches and shadows that repeat naturally along the center of Reggio Emilia. There is no need to look for something extraordinary; everything is already there, in the way the city lets itself be crossed. I move slowly, noticing closed windows, tilted shutters, and small details that hint at a quiet daily life. The arcades are not just an architectural feature but a constant presence, almost protective. I realize that even the people passing by seem to adapt to this space: some walk close to the walls, others move along the edge of the street, while a bicycle passes through the scene with effortless ease. The center of Reggio Emilia has a discreet character, one that doesn’t try to stand out loudly. The colors of the buildings, shifting between orange and yellow, seem softened by the even light, and for that very reason they feel more harmonious. It is a kind of beauty that does not demand attention but slowly reveals itself the longer you look. An interesting detail that often goes unnoticed is that arcades in Emilia-Romagna cities were also designed for practical reasons: to provide shelter from rain and sun, allowing people to use the streets in every season. Here in Reggio Emilia, this idea is clearly visible, as if public space was meant to remain accessible at all times without interruption. I stand still for a few seconds before taking the shot. The street is simple, but precisely because of that, it feels honest. I am not searching for a perfect scene, just a balance between lines, colors, and human presence. When I finally press the shutter, it feels like I’ve captured something ordinary that often goes unnoticed. Have you ever found something special in what first seemed like an ordinary street? Add a comment or go to the bottom of the site...

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Le guglie della Sagrada Familia di Barcellona

Il Chiostro di San Domenico a Bevagna

Paccheri con aragosta, pomodorini e zucchine, la ricetta