Sunset over Baia delle Favole in Sestri Levante

Sunset over Baia delle Favole in Sestri Levante:

Sunset over Baia delle Favole in Sestri Levante.
I reach the seaside promenade and almost immediately slow down, as if the scene in front of me asks for it. Baia delle Favole opens up in soft colors, with gentle gradients shifting between the sky and the sea while the light fades at its own pace.
Looking toward the horizon, I recognize the distant outline of the Portofino promontory. It’s subtle, almost understated, yet it anchors the entire view, giving depth to the landscape. Around me, the beach feels quieter now: rows of closed umbrellas and empty sunbeds quietly mark the end of the day.
I lean slightly forward to take it all in. The sea is calm, dotted with a few boats that seem almost still. Occasionally one shifts just a little, but nothing breaks the balance of the scene. Baia delle Favole at this moment doesn’t rely on movement—it exists in pauses, in small details.
Then I notice the thin crescent moon already hanging in the sky. It changes the atmosphere completely, adding another layer to the scene, as if day and evening overlap for a brief moment. I try to find the right frame, but quickly realize this isn’t about perfection in composition.
A small detail comes to mind while I stand there: the name “Baia delle Favole” was given by Hans Christian Andersen, who once stayed in Sestri Levante and was inspired by the beauty of this place.
I take a few shots, already knowing they won’t fully capture what I’m seeing. Some moments seem to belong more to memory than to photographs.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Le guglie della Sagrada Familia di Barcellona

Il Chiostro di San Domenico a Bevagna

Paccheri con aragosta, pomodorini e zucchine, la ricetta